IELTS is designed to be a fair test. Your English language ability will be assessed objectively, regardless of any additional needs you may have.
We make every effort to cater for the special requirements of our test takers.
You will need to provide a medical certificate issued within the last two years at the time of booking your test.
What sort of help can I get?
If you have a visual impairment, we can provide
- enlarged print and Braille test papers
- an amanuensis to write answers
- a Braille word-processor
If you have hearing difficulties, we can arrange
- special amplification equipment
- a lip-reading version of the Listening component
If you have learning difficulties, for example dyslexia, we can arrange
- a word processor
- extra time for the Reading and Writing components
Whatever special provisions you need, please contact your test centre to discuss your special needs as soon as possible. It can take up to 3 months for us to put special arrangements in place.