Prepare for your test
Road to IELTS: e-learning and online practice assessment
Road to IELTS is your best possible online preparation and practice resource for IELTS.
With over 100 hours of interactive activities, advice videos from British Council experts, hints and tips on question types as well as downloadable practice tests, it is comprehensive, up-to-date and aimed precisely at the challenges candidates face.
Road to IELTS is organised by skill: Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking. Each skill area has four key resources:
- Starting out: an eBook introducing each skills area, explaining task types and providing hints not only on how to prepare but also on how to achieve the best marks on test day.
- Advice and tutorial videos: British Council experts explain the best way to prepare for IELTS.
- Practice zone: candidates practice tackling the various question types. More than 120 hours of focused activities!
- Test practice: candidates simulate the test experience with mock tests.
Road to IELTS features a comprehensive Progress function that allows learners to analyse their strengths and weaknesses and plan their learning.The Road to IELTS Progress function generates reports on completed activities with score, time, duration; average scores compared with all learners; relative performance in different units (time and outcome).
Teachers using Results Manager can generate and print reports for individual learners and groups of learners.
What are the advantages for you?
- Instant Feedback - You will have instant feedback on your performance and monitor your personal progress.
- Understand your mistakes - You can see the correct answers and receive tips and hints to help you improve.
- Develop Confidence - As the exercises are based on real IELTS test tasks, you will become more familiar with the test and so feel more confident.
Try it out!
To view a demonstration of Road to IELTS then please select from the following options:
Road to IELTS is available in three different versions:
- Test Drive - This FREE version gives you all the IELTS basics.
- Last Minute - This version gives you 20 extra hours of practice materials and is available FREE exclusively to IELTS test takers who book their test online with the British Council.
- Full Version - This version includes 120 hours of practice materials.
The features of the three versions are shown below:
Want to know more?
Try access to 10 hours of free online IELTS preparation courtesy of the British Council.
Register online to take IELTS with British Council and get free access to Road to IELTS: Last Minute.
Alternatively, visit 'Road to IELTS: Full Version' to find out more about the full version of this e-learning product including details of the subscription packages.
You can find out more about Road to IELTS by downloading the following brochures: