IELTS teaching resources
Help your students realise their dreams – IELTS opens doors to over 8,000 organisations worldwide, including educational institutions, employers, governments, immigration authorities and professional bodies.
Sample a variety of teaching resources, provided by the British Council, to help students in your IELTS and English language classrooms. Why don’t you try these out and let us know what you think? Send your comments, suggestions & feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We know it is hard to work with students of different levels, but getting them ready for IELTS is easy. You can give those students who struggle more support, perhaps more time to prepare, as is demonstrated in some of these activities. Alternatively, you can set extra tasks for the more advanced students, using the same core materials.
As well as the material below you’ll find a wealth of freely availlable British Council resources elsewhere such as:
- Road to IELTS – 10 hours of free preparation materilas. You can also check out the Results Manager feature if your institute has signed up for this.
- The British Council’s TeachingEnglish website.
- The British Council’s LearnEnglish website has IELTS content.
- Speaking Part 1 - Say it better (PDF, 42 kb)
- Speaking Part 1 - What else could you say (PDF, 26 kb)
- Speaking Part 2 - Do I sound okay (PDF, 42 kb)
- Speaking Part 2 - PPF Strategy (PDF, 28 kb)
- Speaking Part 3 - Signposting language (PDF, 42 kb)
- Speaking Lesson Plan 1 (PDF, 221 kb)
- Writing Task 1 - Sentence transformation (PDF, 34 kb)
- Writing Task 1 - Which graphics (PDF, 71 kb)
- Writing Task 2 - Answer the questions (PDF, 38 kb)
- Writing lesson plan 1 (PDF, 207 kb)
- Writing lesson plan 2 (PDF, 750 kb)
- Writing lesson plan 3 (PDF, 373 kb)
- Writing lesson plan 4 (PDF, 433 kb)
- Writing lesson plan 5 (PDF, 454 kb)