These UK and Ireland based free, interactive seminars are aimed at staff working in IELTS stakeholder groups. If you work at a university or college, in immigration, for a professional registration body, or for an employer who uses IELTS, these seminars are for you.
The day will include the following series of presentations:
- an overview of IELTS – including test format, scoring system and content
- test validity and reliability – delivered by a representative of Cambridge Assessment English
- standard setting – a chance to see what the band scores really mean in terms of student performance
- security – an overview of the many aspects of IELTS security
- UKVI changes – an update on the current situation with regard to these changes.
Members of the IELTS team from the British Council and Cambridge Assessment English will be present. You will be able to network and discuss your situation with them during breaks.
The seminars are free of charge and include lunch and refreshments. Registration is from 09:30 until 10:00 and the seminars finish at 15:30.
IELTS Stakeholder Information Seminars are CPD-accredited. Attendance counts for 4.5 CPD hours towards your training and development record. You will receive a certificate with the British Council, IELTS and CPD logos listing these hours for your record.
Register for a seminar
|UK and Ireland 2019 Seminar dates/venues|
|Tuesday 11 June 2019, British Council, Spring Gardens, London||Register now|
|Wednesday 17 July 2019, Jury's Inn, Cardiff||Register now|
|Wednesday 16 October 2019, British Council, Belfast, Northern Island||Register now|
|Wednesday 13 November 2019, Royal Scots Club, Edinburgh||Register now|
|Wednesday 11 December 2019, British Council, Spring Gardens, London||Register now|