These interactive seminars are aimed at staff working with IELTS at a university or college, in immigration or at a professional registration body - and are completely free to attend.
The day will include the following series of presentations:
- an overview of IELTS – including test format, scoring system and content
- test validity and reliability – delivered by a representative of Cambridge Assessment English
- standard setting – a chance to see what the band scores really mean in terms of student performance
- security – an overview of the many aspects of IELTS security
- IELTS for UKVI testing – an update on the current situation with regard to these changes.
Members of the IELTS team from the British Council and Cambridge Assessment English will be present. You will be able to network and discuss your situation with them during breaks.
Registration is from 09.30 until 09.45 and the day concludes at 15.30. Lunch and refreshments are included.
IELTS Stakeholder Information Seminars are CPD-accredited. Attendance counts for 4.5 CPD hours towards your training and development record. You will receive a certificate with the British Council, IELTS and CPD logos listing these hours for your record.
Register for a seminar
|UK and Ireland 2019 Seminar dates/venues|
|Wednesday 13 November 2019, Royal Scots Club, Edinburgh||Register now|
|Wednesday 11 December 2019, British Council, Spring Gardens, London||Register now|
|Wednesday 15 January 2020, Radisson Blu, Birmingham||Register now|
|Wednesday 12 February 2020, Manchester Conference Centre||Register now|
|Wednesday 25 March 2020, Doubletree by Hilton, Glasgow||Register now|
|Wednesday 15 April 2020, Park Inn by Radisson Blu, York||Register now|
|Wednesday 13 May 2020, Jurys Inn, Cardiff||Register now|
|Tuesday 16 June 2020, British Council, Spring Gardens, London||Register now|