Take our free online course "Understanding IELTS: Techniques for English Language Tests" aimed at providing test takers with all the support needed for a great IELTS result.
For this free course, IELTS British Council has teamed up with FutureLearn – the digital education platform owned by world-leading distance learning institution, the Open University.
"Understanding IELTS: Techniques for English Language Tests" course will help you become more familiar with the IELTS test format and give you some valuable tips and advice to get your best IELTS score.
What you’ll get from the course
Designed to help English language learners, this free six-week course offers videos, test samples and quizzes to help you with the four sections of IELTS – Reading, Listening, Writing and Speaking.
Each week you will go through one section of IELTS and receive plenty of advice from our video tutor, alongside a team of experienced IELTS educators.
You will also get the chance to share your experiences, tips and opinions with other learners.
By the end of the course, you will:
- become more familiar with the four sections of IELTS
- know the best way to achieve your IELTS goals
- understand how IELTS is assessed
- benefit from the advice of others – you can have your written and spoken English assessed by other learners
- be better equipped to apply to universities in English-speaking countries