Are you applying for a university course in Europe taught in English? If you are planning to study in English at home or abroad, the IELTS English test is for you.
Most European universities accept IELTS as proof of your English language skills. In fact, it is the number one language test for admission to courses in Europe that have English as the language of instruction, including popular study destinations such as the Netherlands, Germany, Sweden, Denmark, Spain, France, Italy, or Switzerland.
There are many degree programmes and courses taught in English at European universities, such as Business Management, Engineering and Technology, Social Science and many more. A large number of these courses require an IELTS score in the application process.
IELTS also opens doors to study in the UK, Canada, the US, and Australia. IELTS is accepted by every immigration body that asks for an English language test. If you are looking to develop your career and move abroad for work, you are looking for a fresh start, or you just want to experience a different culture, IELTS can help you make it a reality.
Taking IELTS with the British Council
Taking IELTS with the British Council means you get full support and guidance from an experienced and trusted test provider. We offer IELTS webinars and Study Pack, IELTS Coach, free preparation materials that include practice tests, and a seamless test day experience from start to finish. Wherever you want to go, taking IELTS with us will help you get there. We offer:
- Free access to our most popular preparation course 'Road to IELTS' which includes nine videos with advice and tutorials, 100 interactive activities and two IELTS practice tests for each of the four skills.
- A wide range of personalised and interactive preparation resources such as Facebook Live sessions, free weekly webinars and familiarisation tests for IELTS on computer or on paper.
- Convenient dates and locations: we have over 800 official British Council test centres in countries all around the world, including more than 200 centres in Europe, all of which are conveniently located and have modern facilities.
- Five extra Test Report Forms for free: we send these free of charge to institutions you are applying to (e.g. universities, immigration offices, etc.)
- Easy booking and friendly, professional staff: you can book the test online with convenient payment options. Our experienced staff will help you every step of the way to make sure that your IELTS journey runs smoothly.
If you are thinking of moving abroad for travel, work or study, book your IELTS test with the British Council to get closer to your goals.
IELTS is accepted by over 11,000 organisations in more than 140 countries. These include universities, schools, colleges and training organisations, government departments and immigration authorities, professional and industry associations, and multinational companies and other employers.