There are many established security measures that safeguard test takers, whilst also protecting the interests of organisations that rely on the legitimacy of IELTS results.
These security measures include:
- regulations in regards to test papers
- test taker registration and confirmation systems
- training test centre staff in the identification of imposters, fraudulent behaviour detection, and cheating prevention
- rigorous testing conditions
- routine inspection of test results prior to release
- a free and secure online service to verify test takers results
- a Test Report Form (TRF) that has many security features, including security-enhanced paper, authenticated by an IELTS validation stamp, and a high-resolution photograph of the test taker.
Verify IELTS results online
As a recognising organisation, we encourage you to verify every result presented to you as an additional safeguard against fraudulent documents.
The IELTS Verification Service is a free and secure online service which lets you:
- quickly verify that an applicant is presenting a genuine Test Report Form by checking that the results you receive match the results on the IELTS database
- conveniently download electronic Test Report Forms in batches.
If you notice that a result presented to your organisation does not match the result stored by the Verification Service, you should contact the British Council investigations team by emailing email@example.com.
If your organisation already has access to the results verification and downloads service, then please log in.
If not, you can register for access.