The IELTS Listening test will take about 30 minutes, and you will have an extra 10 minutes to transfer your answers to the answer sheet.
The four parts of this practice Listening test are presented over four separate web pages. Make sure you move swiftly from one page to the next so that your practice is as realistic as possible.
Download the question paper and blank answer sheet before you start, and write your answers on the question paper while you are listening. Use a pencil.
Listen to the instructions for each section of the test carefully. Answer all of the questions.
There are 40 questions altogether. Each question carries one mark.
For each part of the test, there will be time for you to look through the questions and time for you to check your answers.
When you have completed all four parts of the Listening test you will have ten minutes to copy your answers on to a separate answer sheet.
We can make special arrangements for test takers with disabilities. If you require a modified version of the test, for example, in Braille, contact your test centre three months in advance to discuss your requirements.
Instructions to test takers
In the actual test you will be given the following instructions:
- do not open this question paper until you are told to do so
- write your name and candidate number in the spaces at the top of this page
- listen to the instructions for each part of the paper carefully
- answer all the questions
- while you are listening, write your answers on the question paper
- you will have 10 minutes at the end of the test to copy your answers onto the separate answer sheet; use a pencil
At the end of the test you will be asked to hand in the question paper.
Once you have completed the practice test, download the answers and see how well you have done.