More than 11,000 organisations globally trust IELTS, so when you take the test you can be confident that it is recognised by employers, professional bodies, governments and educational institutions around the world.
If you’re planning on going to the UK, Canada, the US, Australia, Germany or any other destination for study, we can help you get there.
Find out who accepts IELTS in:
For other destinations, please use our search tool below (Step One) to discover whether your preferred organisation accepts IELTS and what score you will need to work or study there.
Follow the below steps to make the best use of your IELTS journey:
Step One: Find out who accepts IELTS
Step Two: Which test should I take?
Step Three: Book your test
Step Four: How to prepare
Step Five: Your results
IELTS means more with the British Council
Give yourself the best chance of success by taking IELTS with the British Council. We offer a range of support material to ensure you’re prepared for the test:
- Road to IELTS - our online preparation course with 100 interactive activities and two practice tests for each of the four skills.
- Online practice questions and material
- Free IELTS practice material - Sign up here
- Mobile apps for IELTS preparation
- IELTS WordReady - online vocabulary practice
- Videos and tips from past test takers