An IELTS qualification means different things to different people. Whether you’re looking to progress in your career, move abroad to start a new job, or to start a new life with your family, IELTS is your ticket to get there.
If you’re planning on going to the UK, Canada, the US, Australia, Germany or any other destination, we can help you get there. More than 10,000 organisations globally trust IELTS, so when you take the test you can be confident that it is recognised by employers, professional bodies, governments and educational institutions around the world.
Before you book your test though, be sure to check which one is right for you.
Follow the below steps to make the best use of your IELTS journey:
Step One: Find out who accepts IELTS
Step Two: Which test should I take?
Step Three: Book your test
Step Four: How to prepare
Step Five: Your results
IELTS means more with the British Council
Give yourself the best chance of success by taking IELTS with the British Council. We offer a range of support material to ensure you’re prepared for the test:
- Road to IELTS - our online preparation course with 100 interactive activities and two practice tests for each of the four skills.
- Online practice questions and material
- Free IELTS practice material - Sign up here
- Mobile apps for IELTS preparation
- IELTS WordReady - online vocabulary practice
- Videos and tips from past test takers