When you are accepted by an institution to study in the United States, you will need to show that you have enough funds to support you through at least one year of study.

This funding might come from:

  • personal or family funds
  • private scholarships
  • governmental funding
  • college scholarships or assistantships.

Generally, there is more financial aid available to students who are applying for graduate study rather than undergraduate study in the United States.

Financial aid for international students

Most of the financial aid comes directly from the colleges and universities. However, there are other options that might also be available to you:

See also