Depending on the college or university where you are, you may have the opportunity to work on campus up to 20 hours per week during school term in the first year of study. Holidays and summer vacation, when there is no class, you can work up to 40 hours per week.

Remember that these jobs are not guaranteed and, in general, they pay between $ 7-10 per hour.

After the first year of study, you may be eligible to apply for a Training Course and / or Optional Practical Training (as an F-1 student) or Academic Training (as an exchange student J-1) which allows you, if approved, to take a paid internship in your field of study.

The U.S. Department of Homeland Security has a great website, Study in the States, which will provide more detailed answers to questions related to work in the United States.

See also