Unlock the world for your students with IELTS! Over 10,000 organisations worldwide will be open to your students if you advise and prepare them for IELTS.
With classroom activities, lesson plans and helpful frequently asked questions, British Council has all you need to support your IELTS teaching.
IELTS teaching resources
- Getting students ready for IELTS is easy: check out our lesson plans and teaching activities
- Pace your teaching to your students’ needs, and place them when they are ready
IELTS assessment criteria
- Find out more about the criteria used to grade IELTS tests.
- Understand how your students’ writing and speaking will be marked by IELTS examiners.
- Look at the assessment criteria, so you can help your students prepare better for the test.
- Help your students identify areas they need to work on in writing and speaking.
IELTS teacher's questions answered
- British Council IELTS experts answer your questions about the administration and content of the IELTS test.
- Contact us if you have further questions, or if you want to organise an IELTS test session at your school.