With 4 test locations, booking your IELTS test in Scotland has never been easier. Whether it’s for your student visa, emigration, professional development or a UK visa, take IELTS - the world’s leading secure English language test.
|Type of test||Fee||Book|
|IELTS Academic and General Training||£180||Book now|
|IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration (Academic and General Training)||£195||Book now|
|IELTS Life Skills (A1, A2 and B1)||£150||Book now|
Choose the test that is right for you
There are different types of IELTS tests you can take, depending on what you want to do.
- Take the IELTS Academic test if you want to study at either undergraduate or postgraduate level, or if you want to work in a professional organisation in an English-speaking country.
- Take the IELTS General Training test to study at below degree level, work in an English-speaking country or your own country and emigrate to an English-speaking country.
- If you are taking the IELTS test to support a UK visa application to work, live or study in the UK, you may need to take the IELTS for UKVI (UK Visas and Immigration) Academic or General Training or the IELTS Life Skills test.
Before booking your test, make sure to check with the organisations you are applying to, which test you need.
What you need to book a test
1. A valid identification document
Have a form of valid ID (Passport or national ID card) at hand, as you will need to upload a clear copy of it when you book your test. Your ID must be valid at the time of booking and on the test day. If you're under 18, your parents will also need to complete the consent form online. IELTS is not recommended for anyone under 16.
2. A form of payment, such as a bank card, to pay for your test
Payment methods vary between IELTS test centres, but most accept payment online or by card/cash at the test centre. Contact the test centre directly for more details.
IELTS test date confirmation
You will receive emails confirming:
- the start time of your test and the venue address.
- confirmation for the Speaking Test date.
- your access codes to the free online preparation course: Road to IELTS Last minute course.
- your IELTS Reference Number to access the Test Taker Portal.
Download and read our Information for Candidates (PDF 4MB), which contains important information about the exam format, the question types and the test result.
If you are taking an IELTS test and it’s for not for UK Visas and Immigration, please contact the IELTS test centre in which you have registered or taken your test. Download the pdf below for test centre contact details.
If you are taking IELTS for UKVI or IELTS Life Skills (UK or Ireland) and would like assistance, please contact British Council Customer service UK.
Please use the web form here or call 0161 9577755 between 08:00 – 20:00 UK time, Monday to Friday.