IELTS Indicator is our new online test that you can take from the comfort of your home, to help you continue your education journey during the Covid-19 situation.
The test is available once a week and covers all four skills; Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking. The test uses live test questions and is marked by IELTS examiners.
You will get an indicative score for each section and an overall band score within seven days of taking your test. It is important to note that the IELTS Indicator is not a substitute for the in-person IELTS test. A test taker may still need to take an in-person IELTS test at a test centre once testing resumes to meet the requirements of their university or education provider.
Please note that IELTS Indicator is not accepted for migration to Australia, Canada or New Zealand.
Benefits of IELTS Indicator
For test takers
- IELTS Indicator test will give you an opportunity to measure your ability in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking
- IELTS Indicator can be completed at home, online while IELTS testing has been suspended in some locations
- Many universities and educational institutions use IELTS Indicator for application purposes.
- IELTS Indicator is an official IELTS product you can trust.
For universities and education providers
- It is a great way to gauge the English Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking levels of your prospective students
- The IELTS Indicator test uses official IELTS test questions and is marked using IELTS test criteria by qualified IELTS examiners
- It is available for a limited time in certain locations where IELTS testing is currently suspended due to Covid-19.
How does it work?
You can take the IELTS Indicator on any suitable desktop computer or laptop with reliable internet access.
You will need to complete the Listening, Reading, and Writing in one sitting. The Speaking test will take place either a few days before or after the Listening, Reading, and Writing test.
Where can you take the IELTS Indicator?
You can take the IELTS Indicator at the following locations:
|Afghanistan, Angola, Argentina, Belgium, Benin, Bhutan, Brazil, Burundi, Cameroon, Chile, Cote d'Ivoire, Cuba, Czech Republic, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Dominican Republic, Ethiopia, France, Hungary, India, Israel, Kenya, Kuwait, Latvia, Lesotho, Liberia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Madagascar, Maldives, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Romania, Somalia, Swaziland, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkmenistan, Uganda, United Kingdom, United States of America, Venezuela and Zambia.|
What you’ll need to take your test:
- a quiet and comfortable space
- a laptop or desktop computer (Mac or PC only – you cannot take IELTS Indicator on mobile)
- a computer that meets the minimum and recommended system requirements
- a reliable internet connection
- the ability to download and install a Safe Exam Browser (SEB)
- wired or wireless headphones (for good sound quality during your Listening test)
- a working web camera
- Zoom application downloaded on your laptop.
Before you book the IELTS Indicator test, here are some things you should know:
- We accept both local and international issued credit and debit cards
- We accept VISA, Master Card, JCB, Diners International, Discover, American Express, Apple Pay and Google Pay
- If you have a locally issued debit card, you’ll need to contact your bank before you pay
- You’ll need to let your bank know about the transaction before you pay as it may be seen as an international payment
- The test fee will need to be paid in US$
- Make sure you have enough funds to cover the test fee.
After you book the test:
If you would like to transfer your test date, cancel your registration/apply for a refund, amend your personal data (post-test registration), submit a minor consent form or ask for any technical support, you can do so by filling an online application form.