Everyone loves choice
With computer-delivered testing, you can take the same IELTS test.
If you select this option, you will take the Listening, Reading and Writing sections on a computer. The Speaking test will remain face to face with a trained IELTS Examiner, as we believe it is the most effective way of assessing your speaking skills.
With computer-delivered IELTS, you will now have more test dates to choose from - and your results will be available in 5-7 days.
If you have taken the computer-delivered IELTS for UKVI, results will be available 13 days after the test.
All other aspects of the test are exactly the same, whether it is taken on paper or on computer, including:
- Question types
- Speaking test delivery
- Test Report Form
- Results Verification
Computer-delivered IELTS is currently available in:
- Bahrain (Manama)
- Bangladesh (Dhaka)
- Brazil (Sao Paulo)
- China (Guangzhou, Beijing, Shanghai, Chongqing)
- Egypt (Cairo, Alexandria)
- Ghana (Accra)
- Hong Kong Macao, Hong Kong)
- India (Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai)
- Indonesia (Jakarta)
- Kenya (Nairobi)
- Kuwait (Safat)
- Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur)
- Myanmar (Yangon)
- Nepal (Kathmandu)
- Nigeria (Lagos)
- Pakistan (Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad)
- Philippines (Manila, Cebu, Baguio)
- Qatar (Doha)
- Republic of Korea (Seoul)
- Saudi Arabia (Jeddah, Dammam, Riyadh)
- Singapore (Singapore)
- South Africa (Johannesburg)
- Sri Lanka (Colombo, Kandy)
- Taiwan, China (Taipei, Kaoshiung, Taichung, Taoyuan, New Taipei city, Hsinchu)
- Thailand (Bangkok)
- Turkey (Istanbul)
- United Arab Emirates (Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah)
- Vietnam (Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh city)
Please choose the option you are most comfortable with; paper-based or computer-delivered.