It’s easy to book an IELTS test. Use our handy step-by-step guide to help you book yours.
You can book an IELTS test online or at your nearest test centre, depending on local arrangements.
Before you book
Read these tips before booking your test:
1. Make sure you book the right test: Choose IELTS Academic, IELTS General Training or IELTS for UKVI, depending on what you’re planning to use your test results for. We suggest:
- If you’re planning to study at an English-speaking institution or join a professional organisation, you should check their requirements first. Visit Who accepts IELTS?
- If you plan to emigrate, the relevant immigration authority will tell you which version of IELTS you need, and the score required. Find out which test to take.
2. Stay safe online: Before booking online, make sure your details are safe. Read our security tips before you book.
3. Read our guide on how to book: Make sure you read the guidelines below on how to book your IELTS test online.
How to book your test
PLEASE NOTE: The address where you take the test will be confirmed after booking. This may be different from the administrative address of the test centre.