In part 1 of the Speaking test the examiner will introduce him or herself and ask general questions on familiar topics.
The examiner will ask you to confirm your identity. He or she will then ask general questions on familiar topics such as home, family, work, studies and interests. Part 1 of the test will last 4-5 minutes.
How to practise
You will need a study partner to practise the Speaking test. Ask your study partner to interview you using the questions below. Record yourself if you can.
Speaking test part 1: questions
Let’s talk about your home town or village:
- what kind of place is it?
- what’s the most interesting part of your town/village?
- what kind of jobs do the people in your town/village do?
- would you say it’s a good place to live? (why?)
Let’s move on to talk about accommodation:
- tell me about the kind of accommodation you live in?
- how long have you lived there?
- what do you like about living there?
- what sort of accommodation would you most like to live in?
Listen to the audio:
Click on the link to listen now or right click and select 'Save Image As' to download the file to your computer and listen to it later.